Have you ever wanted to be someone totally amazing and who is super spy like? Well then get ready for the ride that Ronie Kendig takes you on in her new series The Book of the Wars. I have read many of her books and always love the realism in them, and this start to her new series doesn’t disappoint.
Here is the back cover teaser:
Mentioned in the pages of the Septuagint but lost to history, the Book of the Wars has resurfaced, and its pages hold secrets–and dangers–never before seen on earth.
Tasked with capturing the ancient text, former Navy SEAL Leif Metcalfe is finally given command of his own team. But their best efforts are ruined when a notorious Bulgarian operative known as “Viorica” snatches the volume right out from under them.
Iskra “Viorica” Todorova is determined to use the book to secure the thing that matters most–freedom. But a series of strange storms erupts around the globe and the coming dangers foretold in the text threaten crops, lives–entire nations. Though both are haunted by secrets of the past and neither trusts the other, Leif and Iskra must form an uneasy alliance to thwart impending disaster. However, the truth hidden in two-
thousand-year-old words could unleash the storm of their own destruction.
I absolutely LOVED this book (and so did my husband, who rarely likes reading) it had action, Biblical mystery, swirling relationships (Which hopefully we get to see in the next book) and many daring spy type stunts. A great book that pulls you in and does not want to let go, I read it a week ago and I still keep thinking about the possible scenarios. It was so hard to put down. If you have never read anything by Ronie Kendig this is a great one to start with, and one I highly recommend putting on your summer TBR Pile.
I give this book a 5 star rating for the many adventures, the depth of the characters, and for making me feel as though I was right there experiencing all of it first hand. Can not wait to read the next one in this series !!
I volunteered to read this book in exchange for my honest review, the thoughts and opinions expressed within are my own.
Here is a link to Amazon so you can see what others are saying about Storm Rising 🙂
About the Author:
An Army brat, Ronie Kendig grew up in the classic military family, with her father often TDY and her mother holding down the proverbial fort. Their family moved often, which left Ronie attending six schools by the time she’d entered fourth grade. Her only respite and “friends” during this time were the characters she created.
It was no surprise when she married a military veteran—her real-life hero—in June 1990. Married more than twenty-five years, Ronie and her husband have homeschooled for the last eighteen years. Despite the craziness of life, Ronie finds balance and peace with her faith, family, and retired military working dog in Northern Virginia.
Ronie has a deep love and passion for people, especially hurting people, which is why she pursued and obtained a B.S. in Psychology from Liberty University. Ronie speaks and teaches across the country and mentors other writers.
Since launching onto the publishing scene in 2010, Ronie and her books have hit bestseller lists and garnered awards and critical acclaim, including:
- 2016 RT Reviewers Choice Winner– Conspiracy of Silence
- 2016 ACFW Carol Award Finalist – The Warrior’s Seal
- 2015 RT Book of the Year Finalist – Firethorn
- 2015 INSPY Shortlist – Firethorn and Embers
- 2015 Lime Award Winner – Firethorn
- 2012 Christy Award Winner – Wolfsbane (Contemporary Romance)
- 2013 HOLT Medallion Winner – Trinity: Military War Dog (Best Book by a Virginia Author)
- 2013 Selah Award Winner – Firethorn (Fiction – Suspense)
- 2013 Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award Winner – Trinity: Military War Dog(Romantic Suspense)
- 2012 Lime Award Winner – Firethorn (Suspense)
- 2012 Carol Award Finalist – Wolfsbane (Romantic Suspense)
- Christian Retailing’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards Finalist – Nightshade
- 2011 Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award Finalist – Nightshade (Romantic Suspense)
- Top 25 Christian Fiction Suspense, Mystery, and Thriller Writers by FamilyFiction (Sept 2011)
- 2011 FamilyFiction Readers’ Choice Awards – New Favorite Author & Novel of the Year.
- INSPY Award Shortlist final in Mystery/Thriller (Dead Reckoning)
- 2010 Lime Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction (Nightshade)
Connect with Ronie Kendig on: