We’re celebrating the release of the second book in the Divine Destiny Chronicles, Relentless Rebels! Today, we learn the Top 10 things to know if you are new to the Divine Destiny trilogy. Next, author Sharon René discusses the major themes of Hesitant Heroes and Relentless Rebels. On the final day, we explore the ancient city of Petra as a setting in Relentless Rebels. Plus, there’s a two book giveaway to enter below. Enjoy!
After rescuing their kidnapped friends and stopping the government from assassinating Councilor Sierra Stone, Jordan and Team Seven thought the fight was over, but the real battle is just beginning. Sierra must now try to regain her role in the Global Collective Council while also convincing them that River Wallis, co-chair of the Council, tried to kill her. But her success could very well lead to a civil war.
The Council will do everything in their power to stop Sierra, including killing her allies. Barely surviving an attack on their mountain hideaway, Jordan and Team Seven’s lives are on the line. Again. But Team Seven won’t give up that easily, and they set out to rally support for their cause. Unfortunately for Team Seven, they’re caught in the middle as the world takes sides.
Amidst attacks, lies, betrayals, and devastating losses, Jordan’s faith is shaken, and she struggles with her hatred for River Wallis. She knows that judgment belongs to God, but when she finally comes face to face with River, Jordan must rely on her faltering faith to choose wisely—give in to her need for vengeance, or give it up for God to decide.
Top 10 Things to Know if You are New to the Divine Destiny Trilogy
1. The Global Collective Council controls the planet. They are powerful and practically worshiped by their followers.
2. Hunter Wallis and his sister River Wallis are the leaders of the Global Collective Council.
3. Sierra Stone is a member of the Global Council. She is trying to make the government fair for all of the world’s citizens.
4. The main character, Jordan Scott, is from Old Memphis. She attends a boarding school called Global Collective University (GCU) with teens from all over the planet.
5. Jordan and her housemates are called Team Seven. Each member of the team has a special skill or talent such as ballet, martial arts, healing, and weightlifting.
6. The government kidnaps Christian students to use them in a plot to assassinate Councilor Sierra Stone. Team Seven must rescue the students and stop the assassination.
7. Team Seven travels to Old Venezuela and collaborates with a rebel leader, Hector Alvarado, to rescue the missing students and stop the assassination.
8. After accomplishing their mission Team Seven becomes wanted fugitives.
9. Team Seven escapes to the mountains of Old Venezuela and hides at Hector Alvarado’s rebel camp.
10. River Wallis, vice-chair of the Global Collective Council, vows to locate Team Seven and kill them.
Other Books in the Series
In a future where the planet is ruled by the powerful Global Collective Council, and religion is outlawed, Jordan Scott is chosen to attend Global Collective University because of her phenomenal computer skills. Shy and insecure, she has difficulty fitting in with the intelligent, worldly teens at GCU. She joins a secret Bible study and meets Matthew Thomas, a good-looking jock with a big heart. Jordan’s relationship with Matthew grows deeper, and she even manages to bond with her cranky roommate while growing closer to her fellow teammates.
When Christian students mysteriously start disappearing from campus, Jordan stumbles upon the shocking truth—these students are pawns in a government plot, and she’s next on their list. Suddenly, she’s forced into a leadership position as she and her teammates journey from the European Alps to the jungles of Venezuela in a race to save the missing students and stop a political assassination. Fighting fears that have haunted her for years, Jordan battles with the strongest political force on the planet. She believes God placed her at GCU for “such a time as this.” Jordan will have to rely on her faith and friends to save the missing students and foil the evil government.
About the Author
Sharon René loves to write young adult and children’s fiction. Her young adult dystopian trilogy has been acquired by Anaiah Press and the first book, Hesitant Heroes, released September 7, 2021. Hesitant Heroes is an exciting blend of danger, drama and a little romance.
The next book, Relentless Rebels, released March 8, 2022. It continues Team Seven’s exciting adventures. Defying Destiny, the prequel, is the last book in the trilogy.
Her first book, A Mixed Bag of God’s Grace, was published in 2018 by TouchPoint Press. This is a book of short stories and devotions for elementary aged children.
Sharon René grew up in Louisiana and now lives in Tennessee with one very spoiled cat.
One winner will receive signed copies of Hesitant Heroes and Relentless Rebels by Sharon René (US only)
Ends March 13, 2022
Check out other book spotlights
Thank you so much for sharing about my books!